Mothercraft Nurses have special qualifications – and always more than 5 years experience working with newborns, babies and toddlers. They may be:
- Mothercraft trained
- Registered nurses with Tresillian or Karitane qualifications
- Maternity nurses
- Post Natal Bay Care qualified
- Sleep training consultants
Mothercraft Nurses help smooth the transition between hospital & home.
They are skilled in all aspects of baby care, especially
- assisting parents to gain confidence in the care of newborn babies, twin and triplets
- providing advice on lactation, weaning, bathing, settling, feeding and establishing routines
- providing post-natal care of mother and baby
Their knowledge and experience are particularly helpful when you need:
- babysitting for babies under 6 months of age
- guidance with nutrition, milestones & development
- support with toddler development – advice on sleep & settling problems
- overnight care of a baby so you can get a good night’s sleep
Mothercraft Nurses can attend for a one-off visit or an extended period.
Night Nannies – when you need a good night’s sleep
A Night Nanny will arrive in the evening then remain awake and on duty until morning. They will bath and settle your baby – feed and change nappies as required. Breast feeding mothers can either express or the Night Nanny will bring to you.
A Night Nanny is usually on duty for 8-10 hours.
Babysitting for Babies
Our Mothercraft Nurses will babysit for babies under 6 months. You can confidently leave your baby for an evening’s outing or social event safe in the knowledge that they will be well cared for by experts. Minimum 4 hours.